EN

Translate:

BROUGHT TO YOU by WEBSTER MUSEUMS Inc

WEBSTER HISTORICAL SITES

1812 Green Mill

image16

The original location is at the Route 16 entrance into the East Village Plaza.  Only the bell tower still exists, and it now is located at the Samuel Slater Memorial at the junction of Rts 16 and 12.

Click on Image for Location.

Webster's First Sunday School 1815

image17

This site is located across the street from the entrance into the East Village Plaza on Route 16.  A bronze plaque on the side of the hill marks the location. 

Click on Image for Location.

1815 Woolen Mill

image18

This woolen manufacturing building on the French River burned down in the 1830's and was replaced by a brick structure shortly after, which is shown in the 1876 Woolen Mill image.

1876 Woolen Mill

image19

By 1876 the original brick woolen mill that replaced the first wooden mill and had expanded.  Click on Image for location.

1827 George B. Slater Mansion

image20

The Mansion of one of Samual Slater's sons, George B. Slater (1804-1843).

Click on Image for Location.

Samual Slater Grave Site

image21

Slater Family Grave Site in Webster

Click on Image for location.